The company formation process requires all companies to have a UK registered office address. This address will be required whether you are forming your company with us, or directly with Companies House. It can be anywhere in England, Scotland, Norther Ireland or Wales, but must match the jurisdiction of incorporation. This official company address is where all legal documentation and notices from Companies House and HMRC will be sent and must be displayed on all paperwork and company websites. It is important to have a valid company address so that all documents, and any correspondence, is dealt with professional and promptly.

There are many companies and businesses that use their home address as their registered office. Those who do not own their own property will have to check their tenancy agreement to see if they have permission to use the address for business purposes.

There are many business owners who prefer not to disclose their home address, so that it is not visible to the public. Most Company formation agents, us included, offer a registered office service. So if you do not wish to use your own address, are forming a UK company from overseas or do not have a suitable UK address then using our service could be ideal.

Company Formations 247 are based in London, so our London address will be filed at Companies House as your company’s Registered Office. All official mail can then be forwarded to any UK address that you specify. As a company’s registered address is available for the public to see, using our service can be a good way to maintain your privacy and prevent any junk mail being received. One distinct advantage of using a registered office service alongside a trading address is that it can provide the impression that a company is operating from multiple locations, adding prestige to your business.

A Registered Office address will be used primarily for official correspondence for Companies House and HMRC, as well as being the registered office address that is visible to the public. All other correspondence such as Supplier letters and invoices, bank statements and correspondence, VAT returns and parcels should be sent to your usual correspondence address. (You may also want to consider a Mail forwarding service, which allows you to use our address as a correspondence address for all mail.)

Having a registered office address is a legal requirement and it is worth considering what option is best for you prior to starting a business. You can find out more about company formations with registered address here.